Teaching and Research Interests
- 18th–21st Century British, Anglo-American and Anglo-Canadian Literatures
- Elizabethan and Jacobean Drama
- Film Studies and Media History
- Gender Theory/ Literary Masculinity studies
- Gender- and genre-specific developments in anglophone crime fiction and film
- Postcolonial and transcultural perspectives in anglophone travel literature.
Research Networks and Memberships
- Bremen Institute of Canada and Québec Studies (BICQS – Faculty 10)
- British Association for Victorian Studies (BAVS)
- Deutscher Anglistenverband e.V.
- Deutsche Shakespeare-Gesellschaft
- International Crime Fiction Association